Saturday, December 11, 2010

Hi Everybody!

Hi Everybody,


This is Janet talking, the sickie. I think Dave has kept you pretty well informed as to my progress and I will try to write to each individual as I recuperate. But recuperation has been slower than I'd anticipated and hoped for but having never had a bowel resection (a section the bowel removed) and any kind of abdominal surgery I didn't really know what to expect. But now that I have farted 3 times I think I'm on the mend! For those of you who know me well know that only farting 3 times must be some kind of a record. :-)

By the way, they let me wear my wig throughout this whole ordeal. In fact, when the nurse went to put on the little blue cap I asked if I could wear my wig and he said he didn't know I was wearing a wig. The anesthesiologist said it was OK with him so no one had to look at my little bald head. :-)

Yesterday, day 4 after surgery day I overdid it by doing 5 laps around the hospital floor, taking a shower and eating lunch. Then I felt like crap. The doctor had said I could go home yesterday if I felt OK and in order to not be charged for another day I had to be out by midnight. They also wanted me to fart before I went. I tried, believe me but nothing happened and then my temperature rose a little so at about 10pm I gave up and said I'd stay another night. So here I am today and plan to leave after dinner tonight. I might as well get all that I've paid for, right?

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has sent positive thoughts and energy my way. I certainly do feel it and now if you could just send some farts my way I'd appreciate that too. :-)

Love to all, Baldy

No comments:

Post a Comment